Monday, February 23, 2009

Bed Rest + Homeschooling = Frustrations

Well, it has been one trying day! We have been homeschooling for a week now...trying to get settled into a routine, but had a few kinks the last few days. The last kink was last night. Had to make a run to the ER, an hour away at Forbes, because of contractions. Since they were timeable we decided it best to make the trip. Now, I regret it. Doc says I am doing WAY to0 much and since I don't know when to stop, she will put the brakes on for me....THAT stinks! No more cleaning, no cooking, no up and down steps, no laundry, and no more caffeine (for me that means no more coca cola). How will we manage 8 more weeks without me doing the housework.
I still can do the homeschooling, just need to do it sitting down. I can still sew, and maybe get some scrapbooking done too...I know, don't do too much. It is hard for me, I am so used to multi-tasking...well, better get back to "resting".

1 comment:

Melissa Price said...

I'm so glad you entered my giveaway! I do hope you win. :)

I was on bed rest from about 28 weeks on with each of my pregnancies. I certainly understand your frustration! How is it that a mother is supposed to rest all day? What a joke! Do try to take it as easy as possible.

The Lord knows the plans he has for you and your family. Trust in Him. And rest!

God's Peace,
Melissa